The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
The Powerpuff Girls' Adventures of The Little Mermaid 2: Return to the Sea is the 50th Powerpuff Girls crossover film to be made by Stephen Druschke. It will appear on YouTube in the near future.
- The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea is a 2000 animated direct-to-video musical adventure film produced by Walt Disney Television Animation, the sequel to the 1989 Disney animated film The Little Mermaid and the second installment in The Little Mermaid trilogy and the third and final in the chronology of the story running through the series.
- Directed by Jim Kammerud and Brian Smith, the story of the film takes place 12 years after the original, and focuses on Ariel and Eric's daughter Melody, a human princess who longs to swim in the ocean despite her parents' law that the sea is forbidden to her.
- The film features the voices of Jodi Benson as Ariel, Tara Strong as Melody, and Pat Carroll as Morgana, the film's new villain. In 2008, Disney released a third film in the Little Mermaid series, The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning, which is a prequel to the original film. This was Buddy Hackett's final film role before his death in June 2003. The film received largely negative reviews with criticism directed at the plot, which many considered to be a generic rehash of the original film.
- The film was released directly-to-video on September 19, 2000.
- It was released on May 7, 2001 in the UK. On November 6, 2006, the film was released in a bundle together with the original film in the Region 2 release.
- The original DVD release was later discontinued and a special edition DVD with a deleted song, "Gonna Get My Wish", and a new game was released on December 16, 2008.
- A package called The Little Mermaid Trilogy, which includes all three Little Mermaid films, was released on the same day.
- This film, along with The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning, was released in a 2-Movie collection on DVD and Blu-ray on November 19, 2013.
- This film will mark the debut of Pinocchio.
- In Polish, both Blossom, Melody and Ariel were voiced by Beata Jankowska Tzimas.
- The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea was released on home video and DVD in 2000, the same year several episodes of Seasons 4-5 of The Powerpuff Girls was released on TV.
- This movie was re-issued as Pinocchio and The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea in 2000, the same year Whoopass Stew was released.
- Lumiere, Jiminy Cricket, and Professor Utonium guest star in this film.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.